Monday 21 November 2011

The Norm

My mother constantly tells me I really should update this and I should. Sorry for being rather useless. The thing is when I go to write on my blog I normally have some sort of reason for updating it, something new has happened or something has changed.

At first it was really easy to update this because everything was so new and so different from what I was used to but in some ways living like this - 3 weeks in hospital, the "two weeks out"has become my norm. I say "two weeks out" because every time I have meant to have these two weeks out I have actually ended up going back in for at least one of them.

What was not normal is I got to meet Piri Weepu and Cory Jane (if you don't know who they are, you should) came to visit me!!! :D This was VERY exciting, I wish I had actually been more with it though because I can't actually really remember many of the specifics of what we actually talked about...

I have now finished all of my pre operation chemo!! This is a very YAY! moment because in my treatment I have three steps:

1. Pre op chemo
2. The operation.. DUN DUN DUN
3. Post op chemo

So once I have the surgery its like I am half way there, even if I still have 6-9 months more chemo!!

And Jannie is over from Germany. Jannie is like my surrogate aunt, she is one of mum's best friends and she has sort of been there all my life so it's been amazing spending time with her while she has been here!! She leaves tomorrow which sucks but it's been amazing so I can't really complain.

It's hard for me to lie here and think about what I have been doing because it is so normal now for me. It's kind of amazing what can become normal. I feel normal yet I still can't stand for more than 3 minutes without feeling like I ran a marathon.

Who is normal though??

No comments:

Post a Comment